Sunday, September 25, 2022

aztr 22 - (my) rule 1

 In 2019 I got a shuttle to the start line and during the trip down someone asked what is the most important thing to do in the race (or a question to that effect), and without thinking I blurted out my number one rule of 'don't shit yourself". A confused and classic American polite silence followed. 

That silence has lived with me since and here I can at least explain the logic.

It's my first rule, this could be different for others.

The reasoning: there a numerous reasons for getting to a point where your stomach does not want its contents anymore, that is here nor there at this juncture, this is just dealing with the why you don't want to be still on your bike and starting/finishing a bowel movement at the sane time.

1. Water is a scare commodity and using it to clean shite off butt and shorts is a waste though very necessary,

2. You'll never get your shorts clean enough to wear with a bottle of water after you have filled them with last nights dinner, and...

3. (butt) hygiene is one of the most important things during these races. A saddle sore will end a race though lying on your back and letting the mid day sun burn the saddle sore dry is an option, just be careful where you point it.


I wont ruin your day with the photo  (of course there is a photo!).



No comments:

Post a Comment