Thursday, September 29, 2022

aztr 22 - anxiety starting to kick in

Every time I've trained for this race Ive overtrained. This year I had to drop 23kg and it was base training the whole time. I feel a lot lighter, ie 23kg lighter, I'm turning nice circles with the pedals and the training rides have been on trails that are in no way similar to what I will be riding. Fingers crossed training at 70% max HR is a good strategy for this race. I'm screwed otherwise.





An example of the magic carpet rides I get to train on. Please excuse my rubbish one handed videographer skills. I've also deleted the audio as that clicking of tyres on gravel in videos bugs the shit out of me.

I'm not saying the trails are bad, they are not, they are a lot of fun just very smooth and manicured and if I tried hard enough I could have found some more challenging trails to train on. These are the closest to home.



No comments:

Post a Comment